Monday, December 6, 2021

This Too Shall Pass


There are weather alerts out this morning in advance of a rain and high wind storm that will be hitting our area later on today. Wind gusts of 50+mph are possible which means the rain will be waving blankets of water, power lines and trees could come down, and Christmas decorations will be flying around like Santa in his sleigh.

I've spent the morning so far filling up anything that can hold water, digging out batteries, flashlights, candles, and battery-operated radios. My phone is charged. Like the Girl Scout I was so many years ago, I am always prepared. Experience tells me I can do this.

The Native Americans have a saying, "No storm lasts forever." Yes, the coming storm may turn nasty and we may have several dark and cold hours to get through, but tomorrow morning, like every other morning, the sun will rise again. The same is true in our lives: no storm lasts forever. Whether you believe it or not, your are adequate for any and all situations. How do I know this? Because you're still here. If that isn't proof enough, what is? 

So in the days, weeks, and months ahead, remind yourself that you have come this far, and you will be able to continue moving forward. Use your experience and strength to guide you, fill your hearts with love and hope the way I am filling containers with water, and keep your light shinning to light the way - no batteries required!

And so it is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment